8. CONTACT IS SPORADIC AT BEST.
When it comes to their friends, guys don’t have any set rules about contact. With a girlfriend or even a potential girlfriend, they know to respond to calls and texts quickly and try not to go more than a few days without talking. If he has no interesting in being your boyfriend, you might always be the one texting him or he might call you one week and wait a month before calling again.
9. HE PULLS AWAY FROM PHYSICAL CONTACT.
Guys aren’t exactly the touchy feely type unless they’re into a girl. Then, they turn into an octopus and latch on to you for dear life. See how he reacts when you hug him or casually touch him. Anything remotely intimate or lasting more than a second and you’ll notice him pulling away. Why? He doesn’t want other women around thinking he’s taken.
10. HE TREATS YOU LIKE ONE OF THE GUYS. Guys always treat their guy friends one way and their girlfriend another. Once he starts treating you as one of the guys, you’re officially a friend and that’s it. If he was interested, he’d try to impress you, but you definitely won’t be impressed otherwise.
11. HE’S EAGER TO INTRODUCE YOU TO HIS GIRLFRIEND.
No, he’s not just trying to make you jealous. He sees you as a friend and as such wants to show off his girlfriend to you and get your opinion. At best, you’re suddenly going to become his best friend because he needs advice on how to impress his new girl.
12. YOU MAKE A MOVE AND HE DOESN’T RESPOND.
You don’t have to sit around patiently waiting for him to make the first move. Put on your big girl panties and make a move on him. If he’s not into you, he’ll either not respond to your advances, tell you he’s interested or pull away. It’s a quick and easy way to see what he thinks about you.
13. HIS FUTURE DOESN’T INCLUDE YOU.
Try to get him to talk about his future plans. Yeah, I know it won’t be the easiest thing to do. If he talks about everything but you, he’s not interested. Any guy who wants to be your boyfriend will take this opportunity to score brownie points by mentioning you as part of his future.
14. HE DOESN’T CARE ABOUT HIS ACTIONS AROUND YOU.
Is he nothing but a major gas leak? Does he love serenading you with classical armpit music? Basically, does he act like a frat boy in the middle of a party? Unless he’s drunk, he’s going to be on his best behavior around you if he’s interested. If he’s not, you’re going to see the side of him only his guy friends see.
15. HE NEVER TRIES TO IMPROVE HIMSELF.
Most decent guys try to impress a woman they’re interested in by working to improve themselves, especially if they’ve been friends with the woman for a while. Has he made any move to get a full time job and move out of his parents’ basement? Does he think acting like an adult is turning a dirty shirt inside out for a nice date? Until he’s interested in growing up, he’s not interested in being your boyfriend.